PDA

View Full Version : Is Almond Milk Allowed??

Kimi-Blubutterfly
11-26-2011, 05:50 PM
During induction that is....??

FormerMember
11-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Yes you can have unsweetened almond milk.

serea
11-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Yes, it is listed on the acceptable foods list under beverages. Make sure that it is unsweetened.

Inquiet
11-26-2011, 06:08 PM
I don`t see unsweetened almond milk on the online food list, but it is included in the acceptable for Induction lists in "The New Atkins for a New You."

This is a good book to buy, read, and consult. It`s a valuable investment of less than $10.

serea
11-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I should have clarified that I was referring to the book. I do not use the online lists because of errors and omissions that have never been fixed.

Iggy8
11-26-2011, 06:39 PM
So why hasn`t any of the mistakes been fixed anyway? I joined (the first time) last year and it was obvious by the forums that these errors etc have been here for a very long time. I will say it threw me off when I was o my two week induction. I would think by the way Atkins is so highly talked about and recommended etc that they would be all over that, and fixing it. Just curious, this isn`t directed at anyone in particular, just something I`ve wondered about for some time. Have a good night all:-)

FormerMember
11-26-2011, 06:43 PM
They know about the errors but the wheels seem to turn very slowly.

Iggy8
11-26-2011, 06:47 PM
LOL, I`ll say :-)

FormerMember
11-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Maybe Santa Don will fix them for Christmas!

Iggy8
11-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Ahahahahaha! Go Don!

Inquiet
11-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Until the end of December there is a $3 rebate on the purchase of "The New Atkins for a New You."

You can`t find a better source of information on the science behind the program, instructions on following phases, how to add foods using the carb ladder, simple recipes, and sample menus. There are individual chapters on fat, protein, and carbohydrates. An eleven-page chapter deals with managing diabetes. There are inspirational success stories, some highlighting friends from this forum.

Atkins provides this website to us free of charge. A suitable expression of gratitude is the purchase of a copy of the newest book.

FormerMember
11-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I`ve expressed my gratitude with Atkins for Life, Atkins Essentials, Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution and The New Atkins for a New You!

Betsyp
11-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Me, too. And I like the idea of "Santa Don." :)

FormerMember
11-26-2011, 07:08 PM
What will he bring us for Christmas! lol

ShyGuy
11-26-2011, 08:48 PM
How long does it take to get the rebate? I sent in for mine, about a month ago, and haven`t gotten it yet.

Inquiet
11-26-2011, 08:59 PM
It took several weeks to get mine. It was more than a year ago so I don`t remember it well -- might have been six weeks. The thing I do remember is that I almost threw it away because I thought it was advertising matter. All rebate checks are like this now -- it`s a postcard. I thought it was one of those things that say you`ve won a prize so call this number.

Hope you didn`t toss it out!!!

Kimi-Blubutterfly
11-27-2011, 09:49 AM
This is great news! Never tried almond milk before. Options can sometimes be a problems for me. And also consistency in getting products. I live in Belize, Central America...A few years back you used to be able to get Atkins products here in a couple of the larger supermarkets. I no longer see them. The Almond Milk I`m pretty certain isn`t always available and I only saw it in the supermarkets first time a couple days ago. I might grab a few. Same with books, only two book stores here with a limited selection. I got the electronic version of the New Atkins the same day I started induction. I hated reading because I prefer an actual book, but I did eventually read it. But I also have the actual Atkins Essentials and my little Atkins carb counter from 2002 lol...I also re-read both along with the New Atkins. Sometimes it`s hard to keep things straight.

FormerMember
11-27-2011, 10:01 AM
It is easy to make your own and it tastes better too.

http://homecooking.about.com/cs/atozfoodindex/ht/almond_milk.htm

FormerMember
11-27-2011, 10:03 AM
http://www.elanaspantry.com/almond-milk/

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/rawfoodsrecipes/r/almondmilk.htm

don_freidkin
11-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Obviously, you ladies who are thinking of Santa Don have been drinking something more spiritous than almond milk.

Down here, because of the strong Spanish influence on the day-to-day language, Santa says, "Jo Jo Jo!"

}:-)=

Don

FormerMember
11-27-2011, 11:35 AM
lol