PDA

View Full Version : Whaaat?! Losing inches but, not pounds?!

Angela Marie
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Good morning everyone! I started Atkins on January 26th. I weighed 231 pounds. I quickly lost 10 pounds (in the first 3 weeks!) I have hovered around 219~222 for about 4+ weeks now. My pants are getting looser. (I never measured myself, so I don't know how many inches) I just don't get how you can noticably lose inches w/o moving the scale! It is frustrating! :mad: Some co~workers and I are doing weight loss together (all different approaches, I am the only Atkins girl.) We have weighed twice and this last weigh in was very disappointing! What's up?! :confused:

FormerMember
03-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Altho it never happened to me, it seems common on Atkins to lose inches, before actual weight. It's most likely due to losing fat and not muscle mass, which is a great thing. Rest assured, you are going to see it on the scale as well, shortly.

gr521-Georgie
03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Don't get frustrated. If you read ANY low carb way of eating you will see it's VERY common. What happens is you release the fat from your stored fat cells and they arent' full with that solid anymore but they haven't shrank yet either, so they fill with water, so you lose inches then seemingly almost overnight you will have what we call a "whoosh" and be down 3-6 lbs or whatever it is. It happens a lot. You are still losing fat so hang in there..they scale always catches up!!

I'd much rather have noticable inches lost first then the lbs on the scale that only I see, if given a choice. lol.

This is why in all the atkins books it says to always take your measurements. They are a much better indicator of weight loss than the scale.

Angela Marie
03-13-2012, 06:03 PM
I want a 'whoosh!'

angied723
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I started January 23, 2 weeks ago i gained 4 lbs but lost them the follwowing week. I'm getting fustrated too. I have gone from a size 22 to size 16 so i know i'm losing inches. I just want the pounds to go down. I've lost a total of 22 pounds :)
i'm waiting for the whoosh too lol

Jacq
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I didn't notice my inches as much as the pounds in the beginning, but now that I have a regular exercise routine - the scale is moving less but the inches are coming off quickly. It is great! You really should take your measurements....it will help to keep you motivated.:)

Angela Marie
03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
We started about the same time! Awesome for you so far! I have dropped only 1 size. Come on Whoosh!! LOL!

Angela Marie
03-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Jacq, I am gonna measure!

bessetteheather
03-13-2012, 06:43 PM
I feel your frustration! I am having same issue and it is disappointing! You try so hard and see no results as for the weight loss on scale. I have been on 6 weeks and have no yet to see "whoosh" Im done like 11 lbs in 6 weeks but inches are coming down quick but clothes feel some what same. I hope we both get "whoosh" very soon.

judypilot
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I wish I were losing inches! I've lost 22.5 lbs. My waist has shrunk by almost 6 inches, but my hips have lost only 1.5! I want to lost more off my hips!

Angela Marie
03-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I just weighed and I am right on 220 lbs. Seems like i am just maintaining that weight. My clothes are looser but, I have only dropped 1 size since I started on Jan 26th. Here is a sample of what I am eating...maybe someone can see something to get me losing!!

64 oz of water throughout day

Breakfast:
1 cup coffee with 3 tbl. heavy cream and a splash of sugar free vanilla creamer
2 eggs scrambled in butter
6 oz steak with pat of butter
1/2 avocado

Lunch:

5 oz can albacore tuna
2 tbl hellman's
1 cup raw spinach
10 cherry tomatoes
2 oz cubed cheddar

Dinner:

6 oz chicken breast sauteed in butter
1 bunch broccolini sauteed in butter and 1 tbl lemon juice

evening snack:

handful macadamia nuts

noodletoy
03-17-2012, 04:10 PM
you are losing inches, which means you are losing fat. not seeing the scale move as quickly as you'd like can be very frustrayting, but in the long-run this is better for yourhealth. you may wind up weighing more than you think, but fitting in smaller clothes. unlike low-cal, you are not also losing muscle here, just fat.

your menu looks mostly good. it may be kinda high on protein, depending on your height. you may want to consider reducing dairy, and replacing it with olive oil or coconut oil for fats. i would definitely ditch that "creamer", since it is just a jar of weird industrial oils.

none of this (except 86'ing the creamer) is necessary, but they are things to try.

you are NOT stalled. stalls are 4 weeks, no pounds or inches lost. i have gone weeks and weeks without the scale moving, but losing inches.

noodletoy
03-17-2012, 04:11 PM
I wish I were losing inches! I've lost 22.5 lbs. My waist has shrunk by almost 6 inches, but my hips have lost only 1.5! I want to lost more off my hips!

6 inches from your waist is nothing? jeebus!! lol. women are impossible!

Angela Marie
03-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks, Noodletoy. I will keep plugging away! I thought the same thing when she said 6 inches off her waist! Ha!

judypilot
03-18-2012, 02:42 PM
6 inches from your waist is nothing? jeebus!! lol. women are impossible!

LOL! I didn't make my point very well. The 6" is great! I just don't understand why I haven't lost a comparable amount from my hips.

pforrester
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Angela: Just hang in there. If you have stopped losing for a month you could drop your carbs by 5 or 10 Total Carbs each week until you start losing again. But stalls are very common for many many people. Just don't give up. I think stalls are just the way our bodies drop weight and they are the reason people give up on whatever diet they are doing and then regain. Don't let your body have its way and regain the weight.

And here is the interesting quote from NANY author Dr. Eric Westman:What impressed me most was the following in answer to one of the first questions in this video https://today.duke.edu/2012/01/scien...rb-diets#video.

Dr. Westman: "It’s the carbs that leads to the insulin signal that makes your body make fat and store fat.”

Interviewer: "A person stated they were on induction but the scale wasn’t moving. What questions does a person ask their doctor when they are on induction but they aren’t seeing the weight loss?"

Dr. Westman: "I keep people at induction which is the 20 grams of total carbs or less for the day FOREVER if they need it."

150@51
03-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Me too..............looking for the whoosh! I`m on day 18 and thye scale is not moving but my clothes are loose.

FormerMember
03-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Angela: Just hang in there. If you have stopped losing for a month you could drop your carbs by 5 or 10 Total Carbs each week until you start losing again. But stalls are very common for many many people. Just don't give up. I think stalls are just the way our bodies drop weight and they are the reason people give up on whatever diet they are doing and then regain. Don't let your body have its way and regain the weight.

And here is the interesting quote from NANY author Dr. Eric Westman:What impressed me most was the following in answer to one of the first questions in this video https://today.duke.edu/2012/01/scien...rb-diets#video.

Dr. Westman: "It’s the carbs that leads to the insulin signal that makes your body make fat and store fat.”

Interviewer: "A person stated they were on induction but the scale wasn’t moving. What questions does a person ask their doctor when they are on induction but they aren’t seeing the weight loss?"

Dr. Westman: "I keep people at induction which is the 20 grams of total carbs or less for the day FOREVER if they need it."

That's great, that dr. Westman advocates for really low carb intake for prolonged amount of time for A SPECIAL group of people and that he himself consumes very low amount of carbs.
But what's the point of posting that quote over and over again on multiple threads?? I guess I don't get it.

noodletoy
03-18-2012, 03:53 PM
i think it's really important to remember what is a TRUE stall. the op is losing inches. she is NOT stalled. the number on the scale isn't the only thing of import and can be an unhealthy obsession.

advice to drop cals and carbs, when somebody is losing, is premature.

i have had many periods where i shrunk, but the scale did not budge. yeah, it sux mentally, but as your clothes continue to get looser, it is what it is, and it truly is a better indicator of healthy weight loss.

pforrester
03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
imthecoolcat:

I am posting it b/c it really helped me. I have been on Atkins since Feb 2011 and I have had three very long stalls. The latest was 6 months, ever since August 2011. I only had 30 lbs to lose and it used to drive me crazy when trying to figure out why I stalled there was no really consistent advice to be found on the boards that worked. I would read things like:
"up your carbs",
"up your fat",
"up your calories",
"cut out this"
" cut out that",
"add this"
"add that."

It all seemed more superstitious than anything. Although it did seem to help some people.

And all the while it was in Dr. Atkins own words.

Quote from Dr. Atkins, 1977

Super Energy Diet

p.205

“If weight loss stops short of your ideal weight, even though you are producing ketones. You must conclude that the quantities within the diet are too great. The diet usually works best with just enough calories to stave off hunger. Too many people misinterpret the instructions regarding the diet as “Eat Unrestrictedly.” When they do this they will still lose weight in the beginning, which will reinforce their assurance that no heed whatever need be paid to quantities. In most cases, this practice will lead to a stalemate partway to the desired goal”.

"You may have to count calories in addition to carbohydrate. I have never said that calories don’t count,

because I know of course that they do. I say that carbohydrate counts more. If your case is especially difficult, you may have to count both.

For most people, restricting carbohydrates is all that is necessary. However, there is no question that a 1500 calories 10 gram diet will take more weight off, and more quickly than a 2000 calorie-10 gram diet. So if you are having trouble losing you should cut down on your quantities, but not to the point where you have to put up with discomfort or hunger”

And Dr. Weston's advice above might have saved me months wasted on stalls. Maybe not. But it seems to be worth a try for those having difficulty losing. It is not dangerous or anything. And the sooner we can get to maintenance the sooner we can IDULDGE in those delicious Atkin bars and shakes with sugar alcohols that send TOTAL carbs up too high to lose for me and many others. I do think temporary stalls are very normal and that our bodies bounce up and down in weight in a downward direction which can be frustrating...that's why some people only weigh once a week.....but long stalls make people think low carb doesn't work. Which just is NOT true. Some people have to go lower in carbs to continue losing weight.

It is my opinion that people should stay on induction if they want to until they lose all the weight they want to lose (I don't think Dr. Weston only recommends this for a SPECIAL Group but for anyone who wants to lose weight) and then climb the carb ladder to see what stalls them out or causes them to gain.

If they want to climb the carb ladder after two weeks great. If they keep losing great! But if they stall out as soon at they go off induction or even while keeping carbs at 20-25 NET Carbs, then why not try going to 20 TOTAL carbs.

We have both Dr. Atkins and Dr. Weston recommending this as I have posted above when losing stops. Why must someone wait 4 WEEKS?

Angela Marie
03-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I am thinking that finding my own groove...carbs (net carbs, total carbs), calories, dairy, no dairy, protein, veggies, exersize, water intake, etc. is somewhat of an (inexact, frustrating) art! I have been scouring the forums and internet looking for a 'magic' answer and I don't think I will find it there!! I have to figure out what works for my body. So, starting tomorrow I am going to cut out dairy (Yikes! No cream or cheese?!) , coffee and crappy sf creamer. I am going to do a shot of coconut oil in the morning and make sure I follow the plan and see what happens! Who knows...maybe I will whoosh bigtime!! Thank you all for helping, I appreciate it so, so much!!

noodletoy
03-19-2012, 04:05 AM
And the sooner we can get to maintenance the sooner we can IDULDGE in those delicious Atkin bars and shakes with sugar alcohols that send TOTAL carbs up too high to lose for me and many others.

i never thought of getting to maintenance as a race, nor do i think of atkins bars as the pot of gold at the end of my low-carb rainbow..

Some people have to go lower in carbs to continue losing weight.

this is definitely true for many of us over 40, seemingly especially so with those whom have a history of yo-yo dieting. i also realize that for many of us in this demographic calories can be a concern. i am not against tweaking this program to see what works. but since the op IS LOSING INCHES, she is NOT STALLED.

i'm also aware that you are currently following a super low-cal protocol. having been on this board over 2 years, everybody, everybody, is in a rush for the weight to be gone yesterday. is yet another crash diet, like yours of only 1000 kcals per day, the answer? for women who have possibly done this many, many times? is it possible it may be damaging your metabolism even further?

i am playing devil's advocate here and not trying to start a battle. i just get concerned when those new to atkins, especially those who are losing, see certain advice and hook to what they think might be a quicker fix.

as some background, i have spent the last 13 months battling hormonal issues and my weight has been all over the place, mostly, and sickeningly, up, regardless of what i do eating/activity-wise.

It is my opinion that people should stay on induction if they want to until they lose all the weight they want to lose (I don't think Dr. Weston only recommends this for a SPECIAL Group but for anyone who wants to lose weight) and then climb the carb ladder to see what stalls them out or causes them to gain.

overstaying induction to lose all the weight doesn't make people go through the rungs. most lose the weight and creep back to old habits. i've seen it about a gajillion times on here, lol.

noodletoy
03-19-2012, 04:07 AM
I am thinking that finding my own groove...carbs (net carbs, total carbs), calories, dairy, no dairy, protein, veggies, exersize, water intake, etc. is somewhat of an (inexact, frustrating) art! I have been scouring the forums and internet looking for a 'magic' answer and I don't think I will find it there!! I have to figure out what works for my body. So, starting tomorrow I am going to cut out dairy (Yikes! No cream or cheese?!) , coffee and crappy sf creamer. I am going to do a shot of coconut oil in the morning and make sure I follow the plan and see what happens! Who knows...maybe I will whoosh bigtime!! Thank you all for helping, I appreciate it so, so much!!

you do not have to give up coffee! lol. do not punish yourself. some tolerate dairy just fine too. keep plugging away!

pforrester
03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm with Noodle. You don't have to give up coffee. But you should use heavy whipping cream. If you don't really care about coffee that is one thing but since this is a lifetime way of eating if I were to give up coffee with my cream I would not have stuck it out. In fact, Atkins is the only diet where I can have my cream in my coffee, guilt free.:o

Angela Marie
03-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I feel like I have to keep tweaking things to find what works for me. I keep reading about people losing a gazillion pounds in 3 months and THAT is frustrating! I do know that it took me a long time of steady weight gain to get here and it is much healthier to lose it slow and steady. I will keep doing what I am doing, eating real food and drinking my water! Thank you guys!

FormerMember
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. I had actually gained in my second week and 2 weeks later I only JUST lost what I gained. And now it's like...going down ounce by ounce. I'm gonna say it, I'm too fat to be losing only ounces on a plan that supposedly has people dropping weight relatively quickly. I eat enough protein, enough fat, but not TOO much protein so it turns into glucose and I use fatsecret to track everything and I eat enough calories AND I even work out AND I drink a ton of water, not even crystal light anymore.. I'm frustrated today.

Again. It's been a month and I've only lost the first 15 pounds. I'm tired of feeling like crap and being frustrated like this over and over and over again.

serea
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Csnow....there is no ONLY about 15 lbs in one month. However, I have a couple of questions/suggestions.

You say you feel like "crap". Do you mean physically? And in what way?

How about giving us a look at exactly what you eat and drink in a typical day with the amounts and carb counts. We can take a look and see if there should be any changes.

Angela Marie
03-20-2012, 02:35 PM
I just weighed and I am right on 220 lbs. Seems like i am just maintaining that weight. My clothes are looser but, I have only dropped 1 size since I started on Jan 26th. Here is a sample of what I am eating...maybe someone can see something to get me losing!!

64 oz of water throughout day

Breakfast:
1 cup coffee with 3 tbl. heavy cream and a splash of sugar free vanilla creamer
2 eggs scrambled in butter
6 oz steak with pat of butter
1/2 avocado

Lunch:

5 oz can albacore tuna
2 tbl hellman's
1 cup raw spinach
10 cherry tomatoes
2 oz cubed cheddar

Dinner:

6 oz chicken breast sauteed in butter
1 bunch broccolini sauteed in butter and 1 tbl lemon juice

evening snack:

handful macadamia nuts

Serea, this is a typical menu for me. I am 5'6" tall and currently weigh 220 lbs. Do you guys see anything here that is too much, too little? You mentioned protein and my height, Noodletoy. I have switched to just heavy cream in my coffee (couldn't give it up! LOL!) and I have been doing a shot of coconut oil every day.

mojo1861
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Iodine to support the Thyroid seems to be helping me. I didn't lose weight until I started the iodine. I have been taking supplements for hormonal issues & adrenal fatigue and was gaining weight. My first week on Atkins I gained. The second week - nothing. I added iodine the 3rd week & lost 1 pound. I lost 2 in the last three days.

serea
03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Angela Marie....your daily menu does look good. I am wondering if the nuts may be an issue for you. Some people just do not do well with them. Just a caution....when you tweak things, you need to give yourself at least two weeks to see if anything begins to happen. Yes, it can be a really slow process but it is worth it.

However...if you are losing inches, you are tweaking for no reason. Do not compare your journey to others. We all lose differently. There is not a guarantee of x amount of pounds every day, week or month.

How many calories do you eat on a daily basis....are you active?

Angela Marie
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Serea, I don't know how many calories I eat...I have only been counting net carbs. I try to keep my protein to 5-6 oz every meal, add fats, too. I aim for my 20 net carbs...mostly from veg's. Drinking my water! I thought my menu is pretty balanced (it stays basically the same, just different kinds of protein)..I am staying comfortably full...sometimes I am not even hungry when mealtime rolls around. I have to make sure I don't go too long without eating. Lately things are tasting wierd, too. Things seem really salty to me now. My mouth also feels 'metallic' if that makes sense. I walk a lot at work and I try to get my heart rate up when walking my dogs. It just didn't make sense that my pants would get looser but, that dumb scale doesn't move!! It makes sense now, though. (about my fat cells, etc) Doesn't make it any less frustrating, though!!

FormerMember
03-21-2012, 03:18 AM
Well I'm on fatsecret so I make sure to count my net carbs, total carbs, proteins and fats. I eat somewhere between 1800-2000 calories and I work out every other day (which is either cardio or a mix of cardio and strength training). Percentages, I eat close to 60% of my day in fats, 10% or less in Ncarbs and 40% in protein. Now, these are roundabout numbers, as they change every single day.

I have my period right now, so I could be feeling crappy because of that. Always tired, even after working out (when I usually feel pretty energized), and right now I have a nasty headache. I drink 9-10 glasses of water/day, I'm trying to get up to 12, but I spend a lot of time in the bathroom because of water as it is, and I can't leave the floor at my job since I'm a manager so I can't drink as much as I'd like to there.

I take a multivitamin without iron, a B-complex, chromium picolinate (though I think I can cut that and take it only when I have cravings), biotin 5000 (definitely helping my nails grow), and a calcium supplement with vitamin D.

Angela Marie
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Anyone else having this wierd metallic feel/taste in their mouth? A lot of stuff is overly salty, too. Seems like I can't get enough water, either. Still no whoosh, either!
Serea, I don't know how many calories I eat...I have only been counting net carbs. I try to keep my protein to 5-6 oz every meal, add fats, too. I aim for my 20 net carbs...mostly from veg's. Drinking my water! I thought my menu is pretty balanced (it stays basically the same, just different kinds of protein)..I am staying comfortably full...sometimes I am not even hungry when mealtime rolls around. I have to make sure I don't go too long without eating. Lately things are tasting wierd, too. Things seem really salty to me now. My mouth also feels 'metallic' if that makes sense. I walk a lot at work and I try to get my heart rate up when walking my dogs. It just didn't make sense that my pants would get looser but, that dumb scale doesn't move!! It makes sense now, though. (about my fat cells, etc) Doesn't make it any less frustrating, though!!

gr521-Georgie
03-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Angela...those are all signs of ketosis!! You are now entering the fat burning zone!! lol

Ketosis can have a metallic taste in your mouth, bad breath or sickly sweet smelling breath, thirst, lack of appetite (in the beginning), urinating more frequently.

Sounds like you have them!!! :)

FormerMember
03-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Angela your walking a lot could be building leg muscle mass and those muscles are real easy to gain the fastest. Sounds to me like you're gaining muscle weight and it appears to be offsetting the fat loss you obviously are having.
Quit looking at the scale for a week or two and continue on with your good work and in a month or so you'll probably wind up with that 'woosh' you are wanting.
Now that spring has sprung your metabolism will be winding up too and you are in a prime position for better weight losses in the future but it'll require you to be patient.

Angela Marie
03-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Yep! I have all those symptoms! I am staying off that evil scale. I went out last night and while choosing my outfit, tried on some jeans I haven't been able to zip up. They fit and were actually a little loose on me! Let's just say, I had a little spring in my step and a little swing in my hip last night! Yay!!
Angela...those are all signs of ketosis!! You are now entering the fat burning zone!! lol

Ketosis can have a metallic taste in your mouth, bad breath or sickly sweet smelling breath, thirst, lack of appetite (in the beginning), urinating more frequently.

Sounds like you have them!!! :)

emilyanna
03-31-2012, 09:10 PM
I have been walking 4-6 miles a day every day for the past month and doing crunches. i got measured for new bras and lost 6 inches in 5 weeks!! but only lost 9 lbs, so it seems common! hang in there!!

mkhalaj
03-31-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm kind of having the same thing, the first week I lost six inches around my tummy and but probably only like 15lbs. My legs are smaller too. Which is normal for me.

pforrester
04-01-2012, 10:13 PM
wow! Angela, emily and mk, congrats on the inches lost. That's progress!!!

noodletoy
04-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm kind of having the same thing, the first week I lost six inches around my tummy and but probably only like 15lbs. My legs are smaller too. Which is normal for me.

only 15 pounds in one week? you people crack me up.

congrats!

Angela Marie
04-01-2012, 11:23 PM
:o This forum is great. Love the support! I will keep you all up to date on my whoosh!!!

flealea1964
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I just registered online. I have been doing Atkins for about 4 weeks now with a one meal slip. I have definitely lost inches- my clothes are fitting much better and love handles have disappeared. However, overall net weight loss is less than one pound! I am 47 and very fit (I have been a fitness instructor for 25 years), so maybe my body is not wanting to let go of the weight due to my high activity level? I started at 174.8 and was 174 this AM (I am 5' 7"). As I read this and other threads, I notice that I am probably relying on the bars too much. I am often in a hurry and struggle, struggle with a sweet tooth. A friend of mine lost weight quickly eating 3 bars a day as long as she counted it in her carb intake. Of course, she's younger than I am....Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Thanks so much!

gr521-Georgie
04-05-2012, 08:14 PM
well the bars are limited to 2 per day. even then they are a lot of total carbs and the sugar alcohols can affect some people causing an insulin reaction just like sugar. try cutting out the bars, making sure you are eating the minimum 1500-1800 and keeping fats 60-70%. start there for a week or two and see if that helps just with eliminating them. try and keep total carbs between 40-50 max.

Alodie
04-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I just read a study about food cravings. Get rid of all sweet things for a relatively short time and your sweet tooth may diminish. (Same goes for fat for low-fat dieters.)

Changes in food cravings, food preferences, and appetite during a low-carbohydrate and low-fat diet: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21494226
"Compared to the LFD, the LCD had significantly larger decreases in cravings for carbohydrates/starches and preferences for high-carbohydrate and high-sugar foods."

ObLaDi
04-06-2012, 01:13 AM
OP, it sounds like you are doing great! Doesn't it feel good to zip up those jeans?

I'm currently on week 7 and am in a similar situation (although less overall to lose, so I expect to lose slowly). I lost almost 8 lbs within the first few weeks, and have since been ping-ponging around with the same pound on the scale. Yet, I'm losing inches and just graduated down a jeans size also. This seems to be very common.

Keep up the great work!

flealea1964
04-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and information, everyone. It makes a lot of sense!

Angela Marie
04-09-2012, 12:00 AM
It feels GREAT to zip up those jeans! Still waiting for that whoosh, though. So, so wierd to get into those jeans and not move the evil scale.

OP, it sounds like you are doing great! Doesn't it feel good to zip up those jeans?

I'm currently on week 7 and am in a similar situation (although less overall to lose, so I expect to lose slowly). I lost almost 8 lbs within the first few weeks, and have since been ping-ponging around with the same pound on the scale. Yet, I'm losing inches and just graduated down a jeans size also. This seems to be very common.

Keep up the great work!

greensleeves
04-09-2012, 02:11 AM
I just registered online. I have been doing Atkins for about 4 weeks now with a one meal slip. I have definitely lost inches- my clothes are fitting much better and love handles have disappeared. However, overall net weight loss is less than one pound! I am 47 and very fit (I have been a fitness instructor for 25 years), so maybe my body is not wanting to let go of the weight due to my high activity level? I started at 174.8 and was 174 this AM (I am 5' 7"). As I read this and other threads, I notice that I am probably relying on the bars too much. I am often in a hurry and struggle, struggle with a sweet tooth. A friend of mine lost weight quickly eating 3 bars a day as long as she counted it in her carb intake. Of course, she's younger than I am....Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Thanks so much!

1 - Drink more water. :) This sometimes helps. 2 - Try 2-3g glutamine powder when a craving hits. Dr. A wrote this would banish a craving in just a few minutes.

Angela Marie
05-08-2012, 04:07 AM
I finally whooshed!! I am down to 215. 16 lbs gone in about 3 months!