PDA

View Full Version : Store bought salad dressings?

Maria in Minnesota
05-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi, are there grocery store ready made salad dressings that meet Atkins guidelines?

justforTracy
05-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Ken's Steakhouse Ranch, Buttermilk Ranch, Blue Cheese and Northern Italian are my faves and all are 1 NC per serving. There are others, just read the labels.

Maria in Minnesota
05-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Great! Thanks! I'm brand new to Atkins, trying to figure out what to load up the grocery cart with. I'll try those - thx!

justforTracy
05-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Here is a link to a great thread with lots of tips: http://boards.atkins.com/showthread.php?102473-Top-Tips-For-New-Members

Welcome!

Maria in Minnesota
05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Perfect - that is super helpful! Thx!

JAMIERTR1
05-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Walden Farms has great Atkins Friendly dressings!

Reba32
05-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Walden Farms are mostly overly processed (really, imagine what they have to do to it to be zero carb, zero calorie, zero fat!), and taste really gross IMO :p

Stick with as close to natural as you can get. The salad dressings found in the fresh section, nearest to the salad ingredients, are likely the best bet, they have natural ingredients, a lot are full fat, and minimal added sugars (read teh ingredients label, as well as the nutrition panel. Added sugars should be #5 or lower on the list. The lower on the list an ingredient is, the less of it there is. The fewer the ingredients, the more natural it is). When I lived in the US I used mainly Marzetti, and Bolthouse. Since I moved back to Canada, I use Renee's, and Compliments (all of which are also gluten free).

justforTracy
05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I haven't found the first WF product that I could stomach! They are all nasty, IMHO

Shivaslm
05-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I second that....walden farms=disgusting

pjabed
05-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Marie's Dressings in the refrigerated produce section. Ranch, Blue Cheese, Blue Cheese w/ Bacon, Creamy Italian, Chipolte Ranch and a couple more (perhaps Greek, perhaps Caesar - it's been a while!) are all 1-2 grams net carbs. Great for dipping veggies and/or cheese for a quick snack. Couldn't do Atkins without my Marie's.