PDA

View Full Version : Why is edamame not allowed in induction?

natashya100
08-08-2010, 11:01 AM
I have read several posts regarding eating edamame during induction. I snack on Seapoint Farms wasabi flavored dry roasted edamame. It lists 30g as containing 9g total carb, 7g dietary fiber and 1g sugars. Ingredients are soybeans, sea salt and wasabi powder(wasabi oil,dextrin) I only eat <2oz a day, I always use a scale. If I am still getting only 20g of carbs/day what is the problem?

Inquiet
08-08-2010, 11:07 AM
During Induction it`s a good idea to eat only foods from the phase 1 acceptable list.

Reba32
08-08-2010, 11:08 AM
because it`s a legume, and legumes are a much later rung of OWL

IMO however, it is fairly low on the net carb count, so use your own educated and best judgement. If you can limit yourself to the recommended serving size, and they don`t cause cravings or stalls, go ahead.

btw, dextrin is a sugar, so be careful. You may want to limit yourself to a brand that has only edameme and salt on the ingredietns list.

noodletoy
08-08-2010, 11:42 AM
agree with reba about the dextrin. as much as i love wasabi-flavored snacks, i`ve given them up because i don`t trust the package labels.

however, i did add edamame shortly after entering owl. i buy them frozen and steam them. they are a great meat alternative and little powerhouses of fiber.

caminicole
08-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I think I messed up last night, I made a pot of green beans thinking they were on the list for some reason ... are they in the same category as the edamame?

quietwife
08-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Green Beans are perfectly fine. Enjoy!

caminicole
08-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Oh thank you QW! :) Because I already enjoyed LOL.