PDA

View Full Version : DOES ATKINS CHOCOLATE BARS HINDER WEGHT LOSS?

typerky
10-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I have been on the Atkins for 3 weeks and have only lost 4 pounds. I have tried the Atkins before and lost rather quickly, however, I have followed the plan very closely. Does anyone have trouble losing weight if you eat the Atkins chocolate bars? This is the only thing that I can think of that might be hindering me from loosing. Please help!!

Inquiet
10-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Do an experiment. Spend a week eating only whole foods from the acceptable lists. See what happens. Your body is unique and your results will be unique.

vikkijo101
10-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Personally it did for me...I was eating 1 or do a day and I couldnt budge the scale, when I let them go to test myself out I lost another 5 lbs..and I was stuck for 3 weeks..I am happy with my 30 lbs in 7 weeks so I stay clear of all the bars and shakes...good luck to you, try giving them the boot for a couple of weeks and see if it works for you...good luck

foxxtrot_Louise
10-14-2010, 10:27 AM
All of the bars are phase-coded on the outside, so be careful not to eat phase two bars like Endulge when you are in phase one. The limit per day is two Atkins products. I drink one Shake in the morning every day and have had no problem with it. However, I have heard that the Bars sometimes stall weight loss because of the sugar alcohols in them, so I eat them one bite at a time over the course of several days. happy Atkins, Louise

Buttoni
10-14-2010, 11:01 AM
For some folks, they insist they do. But I suspended eating any ANA bars for months now (during a 9 month stall), and still didn`t lose anymore weight. So I think I can safely say the Atkins bars had absolutely nothing to do with *my* stall.

But I`m me; and you`re you. Two different people; two different metabolisms. You could lay off them awhile and see if you start losing again. May just be coincidence you plateaued and you`re looking for a cause. But it may just be you have other health issues (known or unknown) or age (hormones) that are factors.

BTW, Dr. Atkins defines a stall as no weight loss or inches lost for *4 months or longer* .

misapam
10-14-2010, 11:35 AM
I noticed one bar is my limit of carbs for the day but I eat 2 or sometimes 3 a day but mostly 2 and I am doing good but that is me because if I can feel like I am not on a diet with these bars has made me stick with it and not go binge.

Designnm
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I think it`s different for everyone, but I can speak for myself. The bars did hinder my weight loss when I did eat them. I wasn`t losing weight eating the bars. I had stalled for 3 weeks, but as soon as I stopped eating them, I started losing weight.