PDA

View Full Version : How many Atkins bars can I eat in one day, and still lose weight?

theyuleeking
02-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I really like the Atkins bars, and sometimes I might have two in the morning for breakfast, and one in the afternoon for a snack. So, I can eat 2, 3, or 4 a day. Will this slow my weight loss too much? I am still staying within 20 net carbs a day. Thanks!

CorrineH
02-07-2011, 04:59 PM
You`re only supposed to have 2 Atkins products per day. Each one counts towards one of your three sweeteners as well so eating 4 of them will take you over both those limits.

Inquiet
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I can`t say how many bars any one person could eat in a day and still lose weight, but the limit is two Atkins products (bars/shakes) per day. And even that is too much for some people.

Sandra50
02-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Total 2 per day and You will not want to eat them to replace a meal. That is a no no.
:)

Inquiet
02-07-2011, 05:02 PM
You may be confusing the bars with real food. They are not intended as meal substitutes. Did you have time to check out "Learn Atkins" in the upper right of this page? That will help you get started the right way.

Stealth_AKA_Liz53
02-07-2011, 05:08 PM
theyuleeking, the Atkins bars are meant as a snack, not as a meal replacement. The general recommendation is to eat no more than 2 Atkins products per day. Even then, some people find themselves stalled. Add to that the laxative effect of the ones that contain sugar alcohol and you could find yourself in some serious gastric distress.

Have you read A New Atkins for a New You, and/or the lessons at "Learn Atkins" in the blue banner at the top of the page? This might be a good time to review that information. Each serving of artificial sweetener counts as 1 NC and there is a limit of 3 per day. Atkins products are included in this limit. Furthermore, when you eat so many products, you are making it very difficult to get 12-15 grams of Foundation Vegetables.

It is hard to know if your weigh loss will slow, it`s a very individual thing. But it is not Atkins, and it is not healthy. And you are not eliminating your cravings for sweet things.

Many folks on these boards do not eat ANY Atkins products at all and find they have greater success that way.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Good luck to you!

theyuleeking
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
No worries about presenting bad news, the good news is that I learned something. I am new to this and I have lost 10.4 pounds in 12 days. But, my weight loss has stalled the last two days and that has gone hand in hand with the increase in the atkins products. I will explore this site more and learn more about the program. Thanks everyone!

Stealth_AKA_Liz53
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Good for you. You will be glad you did. Have you seen this post?

http://community.atkins.com/discussions/viewTopic/p/topicId/5511663/Need_more_reasons_.htm?messageBoardId=1198&order=Recently%20updated&flags=&viewSelect=Recently%20updated&forum=All

Welcome to Atkins!

CorrineH
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
If the only thing you changed was the number of Atkins products than that is definitely something you need to cut back on. Glad you learned something today! Once you get the basics of the program under my belt this program is so easy!

theyuleeking
02-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Thank you both. I have cut down to one Atkins product a day and my weight loss has presumed. I just eat one as an afternoon snack. I went through the links about learning Atkins, and that was very helpful. I hit two weeks today and I lost 13 pounds! Thanks again.

shesakura
02-09-2011, 07:44 AM
As you get to the end of two weeks your weight loss will slow. Atkins helps you learn how to eat and what you can eat as you add new things. I can only eat one bar a day or I will stop losing weight. And if I am in a hurry, I may have one shake for the day. I limit it to one per day. I want to get away from them completely.

summer1963
10-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I love the bars some are tastier than actual candy bars I usually eat one a day and drink one shake but I understand some days I'm very hungry and want something fulfilling so I immediately think about eating another bar. I would say instead of 7 days a week see what it does to eat 3 bars 3 times a week everyone's body is different if you like them that much it's worth a try.

FormerMember
10-10-2013, 07:22 PM
That post was from 2011!

Baylor
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I love the bars some are tastier than actual candy bars I usually eat one a day and drink one shake but I understand some days I'm very hungry and want something fulfilling so I immediately think about eating another bar. I would say instead of 7 days a week see what it does to eat 3 bars 3 times a week everyone's body is different if you like them that much it's worth a try.

The recommendation is no more than 2 products a day. However, That can be personalized as to what works for you as you go along. Some can have the max, Some can not not have more than a 1/2 a bar and still lose weight.

I think everyone should give them a try because they are a great tool and help many people..

ladynasdaq
10-10-2013, 07:54 PM
I stick with 1-2 per day max. This can be either a shake it a bar but never more than two because I need to eat real food. I know that these are treats to me not a meal that I would take seriously.

MCT123
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM
BAYLOR- just wanted to say, that's my daughters name too :D