PDA

View Full Version : Carb Master Yogurt Review

emrldrose77
03-08-2011, 07:47 AM
So I have been seeing people discussing the Carb Master Yogurt from Krogers the last week or so. So I say to myself lets take a closer look and see next time we go shopping. So I did and they were on sale 10 for 4 bucks so I figured ok we can try them. After all that is cheaper than my beloved Greek Gods tub I had in the buggy and I could get 4 extra servings from the carb Master than my six I get in my preferred choice of yogurt. As a boon these little yogurts are already sweetened and portioned out. So I figure this should be worth it. Boy was I wrong blehck!!! That is all I can say for them. The texture is like jello not like yogurt at all. I then decided to read the packaging more closely and it says on the side "Cultured Lowfat Dairy Blend" not yogurt. I read the ingredients and this is what it says.

" INGREDIENTS:WATER,MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE,WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE,CREAM.PEARS,GELATIN, _MODIFIED CORN STARCH_,LEMON JUICE,TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE,NATURAL FLAVOR,SALT,PECTIN,AGAR,SUCRALOSE,ACESULFAME POTASSIUM,CITRIC ACID,YELLOW 5,VITAMIN A PALMITATE,VITAMIN D3,ENZYMES AND ACTIVE CULTURES WITH L.ACIDOPHILUS AND B.BIFIDUM"

Cornstarch? Really? I am disgusted with this product to say the least. At least on my yogurt it actually says yogurt. It has milk, cream pectin and live cultures and that is it. Blehck I will never again buy this product. I realize it has less carbs but that is because it is NOT yogurt. It is some gelatinous glue thrown together in a lab in an effort to make money. Blehck not me I don`t think so. We all have to choose what we put into our mouths and this is not one I am gonna choose for myself again.

Now all that ranting aside what are the positives about this product....
1. Conveniently portioned and packaged.
2. Budget friendly.
3. Easy to find.
4. Lower net carb than real yogurt.
5. Wide variety of flavors.

You cannot give a good review without adding at least a few plus`s for those who might want to try it. We all have to make our own choices in that department. So while I do not care for it at all and will stick with my Greek Gods someone else might want to give it a try.

CorrineH
03-08-2011, 07:59 AM
I`ve never heard of this product but I`m glad that you gave it a full review instead of outright bashing it! I agree with you though....just reading the ingredients kinda turns my stomach. I`ll stick with my three ingredient yogurt.

cfirsich
03-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Thank you for the honest and well thought out review. I was wondering about this and what it was made with.

emrldrose77
03-08-2011, 08:12 AM
You are all very welcome and while I definitely do not like it myself I can see why other people might. It is very convenient and the flavors are a lot more varied than we can make at home. So if you are a person who needs all that variety and something more like the commercial yogurts I can see it`s appeal. But I am too fussy about my yogurt and it`s ingredients to digest this stuff again.

emrldrose77
03-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Oh I forgot to add to my review that the packaging says it contains 4 net carbs per serving. One serving is a six ounce container. Real yogurts very between 5-7 net carbs per 4 oz serving depending on the brand you choose. My Greek Gods has 5 net carbs per 4 oz.

RachelRamey
03-08-2011, 09:41 AM
LOL LOVE IT your funny Emrldrose!!

I cant wait to eat the greek yogurt. Although i have not been able to find the exact one you eat.. i haven`t checked all the stores yet.. I have a ways to go before i get to that rung :( I love berries so I have to try every single one first.

coco66
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Emrldrose, I have to agree with you - it would be hard to find a yogurt that comes close to Greek Gods. Its perfect!

kjb21
03-09-2011, 07:29 PM
i love Carbmaster yogurt I eat it everyday. 3 net carbs! My favorite is vanilla..several ladies at work eat it all the time too.

emrldrose77
03-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I tried the raspberry one this morning. Seeing as I purchased ten of them I am not going to waste them. I probably won`t buy them again though. However that being said the raspberry one reminded me of light yogurt from the commercial brands. It wasn`t quite as gelatinous as the spiced pear was and the texture was more like yogurt. But I am still not won over with it overall. I can see it`s appeal to others though and like I have said before...we all have to chose what we can live with and what we can`t. I can live without the carb master but the Greek Gods I cannot live without LOL.

emrldrose77
03-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Ok guys here is an update of my previous review of the carb master yogurt. Well to be fair let`s call it dairy blend as the package dictates. I have now consumed all ten packages I bought 12 days ago. It took me awhile to get through them all as I can only have one per day and I was not too impressed so I didn`t eat them everyday like I enjoy doing with my greek gods yogurt. Plus I still had some greek gods in the fridge so it got first priority as well. Anyhow all that being said the carb master redeemed itself some this week as I tried the cherry and pina colada flavors. I actually liked them and would actually probably buy those flavors again to enjoy. I love black cherry yogurt always have and realistically it would be difficult to achieve with my other yogurt but if I get a hankering for it this one would do nicely. So after thorough sampling I would give this product on a score of 1-10 (10 being the worst and 1 being above heavenly expectations) a 4 1/2 provided you chose flavor wisely.

eastwood23
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
I really appreciate you sharing this info. I had a friend ask if yogurt was healthy for her to eat only needing to lose 10-15lbs and i will definately recomment the greek yougurt to her..thanks again..be blessed!!!