PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Noodles??

dawniek
03-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I just found the site for miracle noodles has anyone tried these??? and can I fit them into my diet??

bye2babyweight
03-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Where is the link?

karabout
03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Caught a link giving review of miracle noodles, it is called NaturalNews.com, click on reviews or google miracle noodles/reviews. No calories and no carbs and also no taste. But is all natural, some kind of glucomanonn root???? You can read it. Definetly worth a try.It`s like a filler.

missoularedhead
03-27-2010, 01:21 AM
you can get the same noodles WAY cheaper at any Whole Foods or health food store. They`re called either konjac, shritaki, or sometimes yam noodles.

gmatta
03-27-2010, 07:42 AM
I found my Shirataki noodles @ aheathfood store. They were only 2.29 per bag. I got spagetti and 1 fettacini both tofu. Havn`t tried but looking forward to tasting. Way cheaper then ordering online. Don`t forget, they say to rinse well for 4-5 min. to get rid of the seaweed smell. I`ll post later as how I liked them...
DeAnna

leilanezha
04-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I`ve tried them. they work okay for "asian" style recipes and I made a thai shrimp soup that came out good. However, they did not work well for spaghetti in my opinion. Just didn`t work with the tomato based sauce.

I`d use them again for a noodle soup (think Ramen style noodles) but that`s about it. Very odd texture to me. I wished they were better as I really like noodles. : (

gramoo55
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I found my Shirataki noodle at the super target store in sanford,fl for 1.98 a bag. I bought all 6 bags that they had. They are not bad, just something
you have to get used to.

ladychef316
04-02-2010, 05:49 AM
I order my Miracle Noodles from their web site only because I live out in the country and am 10 miles from any stores. The ones I go to don`t carry the noodles and I`d have to drive about 30 miles to get them. It`s easier for me to order them. The orzo, penne, and other shapes are great! I can fool myself into thinking I`m eating pasta by eating these noodles so I don`t miss the real thing. They usually take on the taste of whatever you`re cooking..much like tofu.

mbfoster
04-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I guess it was a texture and smell thing with me. I just could not use them. There are several of my co-workers that love them so I gave the 12 packs I ordered to them.

Doris57
04-24-2010, 10:38 PM
I order some a long time ago and ended up throwing them out but recently found them at save mart so I thought I would try again.

mbfoster
09-04-2011, 11:28 AM
One of my co-workers told me the key to these things is to rinse, rinse and rinse some more then boil the using something like garlic or onion powder for flavor.
I found some at Publix so I may give them another try.

Jamom
09-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I eat them occasionally they are ok. if you want chicken fetuccini you just add a triangle of laughing cow swiss cheese to it and some chopped chicken and salt and pepper for taste. I thought they were very good this way. just make sure you wash them and cook in the microwave for a minute. Dry it some with a paper towel add the chicken and cheese and cook for another minute and mix it up.

Jan-Smiles
09-15-2011, 09:25 PM
We love them. I have used them so many ways and like to make a dish of vegis or something and add them. I usually get the black, garlic and herb flavor on autoship. You have to rinse and rinse and rinse and drain them and throw them in at the end and don`t cook very long, only long enough to heat them.

BrandieZ
09-16-2011, 04:04 PM
For my substitution for noodles I take zuccini and slice them into long strands with a cheese like grater. Yummie......with butter and a touch of garlic powder

pear
09-16-2011, 05:28 PM
WOW........guess you have to try for yourself to really know, I`ve read SO many different opinions !!
But I`m glad to know I don`t have to order on line, pretty expensive.

mylilife
09-18-2011, 06:57 AM
I think they are good with a seafood sauce, such as clam with lots of fresh garlic. Shrimp scampi would be good too...

AKADenise
09-18-2011, 08:38 AM
I would ask you this...what about the taste of noodles, pasta, etc do you like? If it`s because of the "topping" etc. just learn to cook without the noodles, pasta, etc. Learning to do low-carb is a lot about the mind set. Two of our weekly faves is chicken cacciatore (sans the pasta) and stroganoff (sans the noodles). Once you quit thinking about the traditional way you are used to cooking and eating...foods tastes great without the extra carbs. It`s a lot about how we relate to the things we are used to eating. We eat Italian all the time...the meatballs, that is :-)

LizBeth314
09-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I ordered mine from amazon. Both my hubby and mom loved them. You must read the directions, rinse them in cold water for 5-10 mins then boil them for 2 mins. Then add them to your stir fry, soup, or sauce. They had no taste other then what I cooked them in and no smell after the prep was done. They had the exact texture of ramen noodles to me. I enjoyed them but do not use them a lot as after 4 months on Atkins....I simply do not miss noodles much anymore.

Chillburt
09-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I miss noodles, and have been wanting to try them. I keep hearing bad things. I love ramen noodles, so I think I will try these. Can you buy them at a regular grocery store?

griffin135
09-19-2011, 09:10 AM
I have found them at a local grocery store... both the Miracle Noodle brand and Hungry Girl endorsed shirataki.... i agree with everyone... the key is to rinse rinse rinse.. then rinse some more! lol! worth the effort! I made them with a can of beef consomme`, just added 1/2 the water, then garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes and alil pepper to taste....was almost a twin to beef ramen noodles at a fraction of the carbs! a good comfort food for a cold nite! good luck :)

foreveryoung
09-19-2011, 09:26 AM
I have tried these funky noodles several times, the first time I thought I must not have followed the instructions properly. The second time I followed the instructions to the letter and they were still awful. They had the texture of rubber bands.
Martha

JanetBmetoo
09-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I agree, rinse rinse and rinse...then DRY them off and then use them....

My daughter made them herself once- and refuses to eat them now. But, if I put them in somehthing, she doesn`t notice...it was the rinsing and cooking method that made a difference!!!

they are a little rubbery- but nice to have for a change
Health food stores have them where you find the tofu. Usually they are hidden on the top shelf of the refrigerated section..in a bag