PDA

View Full Version : Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM

dominick1962
02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
At age 47 and having a very physical way of earning my living, my joints (Especially my knees) are paying the price and starting to remind me that i`m not 25 any longer. Anyway, I bought some Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM caplets made by Equate, but for 2 caplets daily there are 3 net carbs. Do I need to count these? Can I use these while on Induction? Is there an alternative with less net carbs? Please help. Thanks.

Scifilover
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Dominick, I have never counted the carbs of my supplements, I never even thought to look! I take Natrol MSM & Glucosamine double strength {although it does not have Chondritin, have heard conflicting info about this ingredient) and it does not list carbohydrates at all in the nutritional information. I am 58 and retired, so the impact of these particular supplements for me are really good. It is in my opinion, a good product, reasonably priced.

dominick1962
02-18-2010, 06:16 PM
bump. anyone else??

janjfree
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Dominick-
I`ve never counted the carbs in my supplements either. I do take Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM tablets from VitaminShoppe and they`ve been great for my knees. The package doesn`t give a carb count but it does list gelatin, rice powder and water as other ingredients. I figure it is a tiny amount and worth it to not have joint pain.

noodletoy
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
ha! i just bought this stuff 2 days ago and another brand listed 3 net carbs on the label. is it really helping you guys, or is it placebo effect?

noodletoy
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
i`m 46, but i swear my knees are 86.

snowcap
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Pain is no fun. It zaps you of energy, decreases the quality of your life, increases stress which then increases blood glucose, etc. I would do anything to decrease or eliminate the knee pain - especially if it interferes with your job. I wouldn`t worry about 3 net carbs if this helps you. This supplement may not be effective for everyone - plus it make take several months to feel an improvement. But it is certainly worth a try. Have you had your knees xrayed so you have a baseline of where you are today? Biofreeze (a topical gel) can also help.

janjfree
02-18-2010, 07:49 PM
I`m 64 years old....but when I was in my early 40`s I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me I "had knees like Joe Namath". Either genetically I hadn`t gotten much cartilege OR I had busted it up over time - in either case there wasn`t a lot there. I take 4 capsules daily for a glucosamine count of 1000 mg a day and Chondroitin of 800 mg. (MDs suggested dose). It took a couple of months before I felt the effects but my knees have been so much better and have been for about 3 years now.

dominick1962
02-18-2010, 08:27 PM
bump, good stuff folks, thanks. anyone else?

jsthrower
02-18-2010, 08:28 PM
http://conquerha.com I buy 6 get 6 free. I have arthritis really bad in my knees after two really bad operations so it only helps them to medium degree, but it has worked wonders for my herniated disc in L5. Well worth the 20 bucks a month. It lubricates the joints well. Has helped an shoulder issue too.

jsthrower
02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Chondroitin I have read the molecules are to large to be used in the body so it really does no good, Who knows.

dominick1962
02-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Thank you all for your comments. Anyone else have anything to add?