PDA

View Full Version : Coumadin/warifin and Atkins

alching
11-03-2011, 11:54 AM
I am at the end of the induction phase. I am also on coumadin for heart problems. I am happy with the resuls of the ATKINS diet, however, eating so many vegetables with vitain K has caused my INR count to drop. This is making my blood thicker, putting me a higher risk for blood clots. Can I say on ATkins and keep my INR at the right levels.

Red512
11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
i would say this is a question for collette (And your doctor) If you repost with attn collette in the title she`ll get to it.

There have been posts regarding avoiding vitamin K rich veg in the past so it is probably worth trying the search bar also. :)

Betsyp
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
There was just a post a couple of days ago on the subject and an answer from Colette, but I can`t seem to find it in the search, easily anyway. But there are a lot of threads on the subject, and yes, definitely re-post and put Attn: Colette in the subject line.

thinker
11-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Here`s the thread from a few days ago (I could only find it because I posted to it...):

http://community.atkins.com/discussions/viewTopic/p/postId/7281944/messageBoardId/1198/topicId/7276670/Re_Attn_Colette_Warfarin_coumadin_and_Atkins.htm#7 281944