PDA

View Full Version : Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread/Flatbread -5g net

dulce1
08-10-2011, 11:47 AM
With this bread, I can stay on Atkins forever! Best tasting low carb bread! Get your local stores to supply it or order online!

I love it better than the existing low carb breads out there because it does not have a bitter aftertaste. Only 5g net carbs!

I am enjoying steak & cheese again, sandwiches, fajitas, burgers while still dropping pounds! It has expanded my choices and I really love it. To me, it taste more like regular bread.

It is such a good thing, I didn`t want to share but decided to rave about it because I want this product to be more readily available in my local stores.

If so many of us request it, it will be made more available to us. So this is why I am going out of my way to recommend this great product.

You may order this product online:
www.josephsbakery.com

All I ask is that you take a moment and pay it forward... Please fill out the quick request letter on their website and just email letter to your store/ store`s headquarters. This is exactly what I did and it was easy! Together we will succed and make a difference! Enjoy!

Bups67
08-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow this certainly smells like SPAM!

Truemans_Mom
08-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree, Dulce1 does not show this post in her profile!

gr521-Georgie
08-10-2011, 12:21 PM
sometimes it takes a while for a My Post to come up in the profile.

Even if this is not spam trying to solicit a product, as she`s been on here for a month, I`m really surprised that someone in phase 2 that has only been on here a month has gone through the carb ladder correctly and is already at the grains rung.

If there is any new people reading this post - PLEASE do not think that adding this product is acceptable right away in OWL. It is NOT. Please increase carbs slowly and deliberately and in order according to the carb ladder in the lessons up in LEARN ATKINS on the upper right and in the book. Find your CCL and your ACE.

Grains are one of the VERY last rungs close to premaintenance and even then, most people that are IN Maintenace still do not add a lot of grains products.

This more than anything, and not to offend you in any way Dulce, sounds like you have not done Atkins properly and are just adding in "low carb products" at will. Please do Atkins correctly. If I`m mistaken and you have...I digress.

dulce1
08-10-2011, 05:44 PM
No Spam at all, but I wish there was a delete button because I now regret trying to share what I thought was helpful information with those who don`t appreciate it. If you think it`s too soon to add carbs, then DON`T! But, don`t condemn others. If you need to go slow then do so by all means. If you are too restricting with what you allow yourself you will definitely not make it in the long run. Even Atkins has bake mix for pancakes, candy bars, shakes you name it for OWL. I don`t suggest throwing it all in there at once either. You have to know that everyone is different and metabolism is different. My body thought I was starving it on Induction so I had to change after 2 weeks. Some can stay on induction longer. I continue to lose weight while in Phase 2 like a person would on induction at a rate of at least a pound a day.

Where in the book does it say after 2 weeks you can`t move to ongoing weight loss? Where in the book does it say you MUST add a 5 gram net carb piece of bread only at Maintenance? The book speaks of grains such as rice and says it is a no no because it is very high carb. I would only eat rice if ever in Lifetime Maintenance.

Not to offend you but it sounds like you think Atkins should be very Restrictive and unpleasant and you couldn`t be more wrong! The book tells you on OWL how many carbs to add in increments of 5g..I`m sorry I missed the page where it says what to add and what not to add. If I am correct, it leaves it up to the individual.

I also use Atkins bake mix! The zuchini bread recipe was delicious! My kids loved it too!

I must say adding bread products (even low carb) should not be for everyone! If you are loosing really slow, it`s best to go slow and follow induction mostly. I would never say to anyone, my way is better! Or you are doing things wrong unless I had more proof.

I am a stay at home mother of four children. I don`t have time for spam. I just thought I would share something good. I thought this forum was open to "free" speech and advice. If this post gets flagged I will tell everyone who will listen including the newspaper I write for. This is hilarious! This is a forum folks! I had a couple of recipes and such to share also but now I think I won`t because of the ludicrous responses I`ve got. Actually, if the moderator removed this post I wouldn`t care, it would be the community`s loss! Some people don`t deserve to be informed about certain things.

KrisBuell
08-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Dulce, I`m happy it seems to be working for you. If you stop losing, it is one of the first things I would look to as an issue though. I don`t think anyone suggested that one should not move on after 2 weeks into OWL. I think most encourage people to do so, but to follow the rungs to reintroduce foods.

Unfortunately, there have been some spammers on the site periodically, so please take it with a grain of salt that someone jumped to that conclusion. If you go back and read your first post, I`m sorry to say it does sound kinda like a shill for the product.

ijedic
08-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I buy the Joseph`s pitas for my daughter. She loves them. She is not doing Induction or OWL, but her doc agrees that cutting her carbs will help in her weight loss journey.

For chips/crackers, I cut them into wedges like pizza and bake them. I will admit that I did try a couple wedges and they tasted good, just not something I`m ready for. When I get to the grains rung, I will be buying them for myself.

dulce1
08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
And to those who think I am doing Atkins wrong? How much weight have you lost in what time frame?

You say I`ve only been on here a month your right. The first time I tried atkins about a decade ago I did not go online. I reached my goal then and I will do it again! (had another baby)

That`s correct I am Not New to Atkins Approach! In what you call one puny single "Month" alone, I`ve lost 22 pounds. (How long you`ve been a member online doesn`t necessarily determine how Atkins savvy you are or how long you`ve been doing Atkins-there are books you know)

Again, to each his own. Sure there are rules and I follow them! And btw, you are absolutely right I add carbs at will! I try something new each week, but, I +keep my carb level the same+ until I get closer to my goal weight. It`s nothing wrong with being creative. (I have not eaten rice yet and don`t plan to) It`s okay to substitute low carb alternatives in place of the real thing. The main rules I`ve read is to eat plenty protein and fat and foundation veggies, count your daily intake of carbs (there`s a certain level for everyone), and follow the rest of the phases according to plan. I`m not rushing through anything and I keep track of things daily and weekly.

dulce1
08-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks.. ijedic for that posting, no matter what side your on. It`s nice to see a neutral comment!

dulce1
08-10-2011, 07:52 PM
@ KrisBuell ..I think your right about the way my posting came accross. I was just so excited about it. Something told me to tone it down a bit, that someone may think so but I ignored my first thought thinking I would be given the benefit of the doubt and that no one would rush to judgement. I sometimes rant on in a child-like way. I appreciate the kind way you pointed that out.

mizski
08-10-2011, 08:34 PM
That Joseph`s pita bread is an excellent product and has been available in local grocery stores in the Boston area for quite a few years.

However, it is a Phase 3 Rung 10 (grain rung) food and should only be consumed when one is just about at goal weight (or in Maintenance Phase 4). I think that your post appeared to be suggesting it for those in lower rungs is what caused an issue.

Both Dr. Atkins in DANDR (Atkins 2002) and ANA in NANY (Atkins 2010) does spell out very specifically what foods are to be added back in and in what order (see carbohydrate ladder). Are you following DADR (Atkins 1972)? The original Atkins did not specify what order to add foods back in. Dr. Atkins corrected this by adding the carb ladder in later books as most people were adding booze & bread back first. It did not result in successful long-term results.

http://www.atkins.com/Program/ProgramOverview/HowandWhyAtkinsWorks/ReachYourGoalbyClimbingtheCarbLadder.aspx

p.s. FWIW I lost 37 pounds in my first month. I still followed the OWL rungs. ;) I`m in Maintenance now. :)

dulce1
08-10-2011, 10:34 PM
fANTASTIC! 37 POUNDS YOUR FIRST MONTH, HOW AWESOME. Were you on induction the whole month or only two weeks like myself? Wow are you serious Boston has it everywhere? The website I saw only list one area, it must not be updated. I should search further. (BTW, i drank some alcohol the second half of the first month, thus, reducing the amount of weightloss.)

In reference to your question, I have DANDR (2002).

People are talking like their is some set rule for the plan that you must follow in regards to adding carbs back in and maybe there is a strict guideline somewhere I haven`t seen, but, so far not in my book..

On page 171, here are Dr. Atkins exact words:"Most people find it best to add back foods in a certain order--what I call the Carbohydrate Ladder."

He goes further to say.."Note that few people will be able to add back all of these food groups in OWL.Those on the second half of the list tend to rank higher on the gylcemic index and are more commonly introduced in Pre-Maintenance. Following this order tends to minimize blood sugar surges that could reactivate cravings" -Dr. Atkins DANDR (2002).

Nowhere does it say you must follow the ladder exactly in order to do Atkins correctly. It is suggested but does not state if you do not add them in the exact order you will be incorrect.

mizski
08-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I moved to OWL on Day 15. I credit OWL with my being able to stay on plan. :)

The Joseph`s pitas are in all the grocery stores around here. For whatever reason, they are at the deli counter and not in the regular bread aisle.

I also followed DANDR 2002. I guess I never thought about messing with Dr. Atkins wisdom in his carb ladder recommendations. I had tried so many diets in the past and tweaked them to suit my needs and FAILED to lose weight so I figured this time I would follow instructions. It worked! It also helped me to learn exactly which foods don`t agree with my body and which foods slow weight loss, promote weight gain and more important, which ones really aren`t that healthy at all...at least not for frequent eating.

I think most people here do look at the carb ladder as a rule of following Atkins correctly. Dr. Atkins felt that people should eat in the lower rungs when losing weight. Further research shows that most people should eat those foods as the bulk of their diet with higher rung foods as occasional additions.

kkasper78
08-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I love the Joseph`s pitas and tortillas/wraps. I`m not in maintenance, but have introduced all rungs of the carb ladder early, too. I understand not everyone can do this. They are a staple in my family of Atkineers from the two of us on OWL and the one who has reached maintenance. :)

KrisBuell
08-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I`ll add too that for those who are just moving into OWL, please follow the proper order to introduce foods. It makes it much easier to determine what foods may be a problem for your body. For those of us that have been here long enough to go through all the rungs, but are still in OWL, use of these products is okay as long as your body tolerates them well.

I`m still in OWL, but I`ve been on Atkins for 16 months, and so have gone through all the rungs over that time span. I am down 41 pounds out of 65 - 70 I want to lose, so I`m now getting close to Phase 3. I am a very slow loser due to other health issues. I have occasionally used the Joseph`s pita and the Mama Lupe`s tortilla, as well as Carbquick. I haven`t found them to be a problem, but I am very careful with them and only eat them once every few months. On that note, they freeze very well.

Bups67
08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
As the first responder to your post, there is nothing wrong with mentioning a product you like, and I had no issue with when you were adding back carbs, but when you provide the company website and ask that we write them a letter it sounds like pure advertizing to me.

And it wouldn`t be the first time a rep from a specific company came and wrote a post very similar to yours, posing as a dieter.

Mitch_
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Just as an FYI, this product seems to fit as a "Low-Carb Product Suitable For OWL" p. 126 of NANY. From my interpretation, acceptable low carb products are introduced as a category much like alcohol in OWL (not strictly designated by the carb ladder) and should be introduced with care (tolerances may be very individual).

It is always safer to wait, but this seems to me to be an individuals choice :)