PDA

View Full Version : Maltitol free bars

kmensler
03-29-2011, 03:57 PM
I have followed the Atkins diet for over 10 years, and it works for me. I found that adding in a Day Break or Advantage bar each day gives me an easy treat and helps me not to miss sugary treats. However, a few years ago I started to become very sensitive to Maltitol, and to a lesser extent, Sorbitol. Maltitol is in many of the bars, and causes me GI distress with just one, or even half a bar. If you find the same, here is a list of some bars that Atkins has that are Maltitol free:

Peanut Butter Fudge Crisp (Day Break)
Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat (Advantage)
Chocolate Peanut Butter (Advantage)
Peanut Fudge Granola (Advantage)

I could not find a couple of these on the Atkins site recently and hope they are not discontinued. Another, the the Day Break Fruit Crumble Bar has been discontinued, and I will miss it. I checked some of the new products, and they all seem to have Maltitol in them...disappointing.

Please, Atkins, reformulate more of
your bars to eliminate Maltitol...the fact that you have in some of the bars shows that it can be done! You GI sensitive followers will be very grateful!

gr521-Georgie
03-29-2011, 04:15 PM
psst...jmensler...the fruit crumble is still being offered on netrition.com

they even have the NEW atkins products that even this site doesn`t yet.

kmensler
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Georgie...I like netrition.com, but just checked and they are now out of the fruit crumble...that`s the way the bar crumbles...:) I will do a search to see if anyone else still has some.

gr521-Georgie
03-29-2011, 04:54 PM
oh nooooo..i just ordered some this weekend and they were there. i`m sorry if i took the last of them. :(
hey wait...i hope i still get them and they don`t send me an email saying no longer avail. hmmph..gonna have to see now.