PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Movements

junebrat
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Ok this is possible TMI but I have to know if anyone else is having bowel issues. Before going on Atkins I typically had firm BM and went once per day. Now I go about every 2 or 3 days and it`s rathery mushy, so to speak. I`ve always heard that if you don`t have much on the toilet paper when you wipe then that means your diet is good and balanced. So if this diet is suppose to be good for you and heathly why am I having these types of BM`s, I also have terrible gas.

Merriblue
02-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Did you eat alot of veggies pre Atkins??

It could be the veggies and fat you are eating.

Gas..are you eating the Atkins bars or shakes at all?

They cause gas for some people.

junebrat
02-08-2011, 09:50 PM
No I didn`t eat much veggies before so I guess that could be it. Will it eventually change when my body gets use to eating this way?

I don`t do the Atkins products at all.
At first I thought it was all the eggs but I haven`t eaten any eggs in about a week just to see if it would make a difference.

Merriblue
02-08-2011, 09:53 PM
you got it June..your body will get used to the veggies.

so hang in!!

anna0270
02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Try eating the MIM, with the flax meal it will help regulate you. I also do not go everyday, but I am also not constipated. I`ve had gastro problems and GERD and since being on Atkins, the gastro problems (diarrhea) has gone away so I`m mainly just glad about that.

junebrat
02-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks! I will give that a try.

Sandra50
02-09-2011, 08:43 PM
google "Poop primer/Dr oz show" You will learn more than you ever wanted to know about poop!

Ha!

junebrat
02-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Haha ok I will def check that out! Thanks